Knee surgery, reconstructive and replacement.
Specialist in reconstructions:
Different types of prosthetic implants for the knee:
+ orthopaedic surgery.
Marriage and family counsellor, adults-individuals-couples, analytical psychotherapist.
PRACTICES for MIND & BODY
Hypnosis & Brief psychotherapy
MENTAL DEVELOPMENT COACHING
CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS, ADULTS
Improving mental and physical well-being for personal fulfilment and in relationships.
These complementary approaches have demonstrated their effectiveness in overcoming the following difficulties and concerns:
• emotional outbursts, hypersensitivity
• stress, anxiety, distress
• fears, phobias, panic states
• addictions, dependencies
• low self-esteem, lacking self-confidence
• loss of motivation, despondency, overwork, burnout
• chronic and acute pain
• sleep problems
• eating disorders and disordered eating
• relationship problems, separation, bereavement
• distress and angst (feelings of insecurity, shame, guilt, emotional dependence).
I have been practising osteopathy in Brussels and Paris since 1995. In 2012, I came to join the medical centre in Rixensart, which until now had been known as MEDIRIX and brings together a range of healthcare practitioners.
Osteopathy through its parietal, visceral and cranial manipulation aims to resolve problems in the joints and elsewhere. Manipulation should be understood in the broadest sense.
Osteopathy is also aimed at spinal issues as well as some migraines, sinusitus; intercostal and cervicobrachial neuralgia. In some cases, osteopathy can be used effectively with ENT, digestive, gynaecological, urinary, orthodontic issues as well as in stress management, anxiety management and in treating sleep issues.
We mustn't overlook an important niche, treating newborn babies and young children suffering from congenital torticollis, gastroesophageal reflux, strabismus and behavioural issues. This is not an exhaustive list.
Thanks to my many years of experience in treating patients, I have developed a concept that I have called "Proprioceptive Body Adjustment". In addition to "classical" treatment, this consists of raising awareness in the patient of his/her poor postural habits, that may be related to stress or not, to then improve his/her posture through several recommended exercises to be carried out daily. It's a case of re-educating oneself in correct posture and appropriate movement, both in one’s professional and private life.
Chest physiotherapy (Guy Postiaux method).
Shoulder and hand rehabilitation.
Home physiotherapy (Ottignies, LLN, Rixensart).
Therapy consultations for children, adolescents, adults.
We spend the majority of our time on our feet.
Consequently, it is not unusual that certain conditions, pains and even deformations develop.
My aim, as a podiatrist, is to treat these conditions and prevent any injuries related to walking or running.
With this in mind, I would be delighted to provide a consultation in this regard.
At the Medirix Medical Centre, I look after:
• Amateur and professional sportsmen and women, in preventing and managing injury related to training/competition or training for sporting projects in extreme conditions (altitude, cold, heat), sports diet matters,
• Non-sporting patients wanting to undertake physical activity and improve their lifestyle to reduce the risk of illnesses related to sedentary living,
• Patients suffering from chronic illnesses wanting support in starting up/continuing physical activity
• Pregnant women or those looking to become pregnant wanting support in starting up/continuing physical activity,
• illnesses/conditions specific to women relating to sporting activities.
Physical Medicine and rehabilitation.
Musculoskeletal system and back conditions.
Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine.